Monthly Archives: April 2022

AstroCal – May 2022

       Before we get into the May sky watching events, I would like to introduce you to the American Meteor Society, or AMS for short (  This non-profit scientific organization was formed in 1911 to “inform, encourage, and support research activities of both amateur and professional astronomers who are directly interested in meteoric astronomy.”  A […]

Read More

FTV: Cover Me

     Reading Bill DeMain’s excellent introduction to Classic Rock Magazine’s feature on Rock’s Greatest Cover Versions (CRM # 298 – March 2022), it dawned on me that 95 percent of musicians get their start playing cover versions of other people’s music.  The other 5 percent (and that may actually be an overly generous slice of the […]

Read More